Clinical test of patented substances
Clinical Test Results of patented substances
1. Selection standard
A total of 25 Men with alopecia at the age of 38, higher than the Modified Norwood-Hamilton II level and women with Ludwig Grade I and higher had hair loss.
2. Evaluation method
Photo-trichogram (Comparative hair count per unit area)
3. 8 Week Assessment Results
< Clinical test report data >
1. Research Title
Clinical effecacy of hair-loss(Alopecia) prevention and hair-growth promotion by the hair solution containing Sophorae Flos extract.
2. Research Objectives
To evaluate the hair-loss prevention and hair-growth promotion effect of a product on human scalp.
(1) Enrolled patients were average age 38, satisfied Modified Norwood-Hamilton II male alopecia patient and satisfied Ludwig Grade I female alopecia patient, total patient numbers are 25. Evaluated with Photo-Trichogram in hair number count per same area within 8 weeks.
(2) Assessed safety and effecacy over 16 weeks by clinical observation, global photography and questionnaire.
4. Short-term results in 8 weeks
: Hair loss count decrease, hair thickness increase, total hair count increase
Statistical results also demonstrated significant effects on the hair loss reduction with a P value of less than 0.05. (P < 0.05).
Statistical Results : Significantly effective on Hair Loss (P<0.05)
(1) Male case : 8 weeks before and after
(2) Female case ; 8 weeks before and after
5. Long-term Results in 16 weeks
(1) in the test group, ratio of anagen hair and hair diameter increased each experimental time point, and the hair loss counts significantly decreased after 16 weeks (p<0.05). In the control group, total hair counts, ratio of anagen hair, hair loss counts, hair growth rate tended to decreased, and the ratio of terminal hair significantly decreased after 8 weeks (p<0.05).
(2) Comparison between the test and control groups, hair diameter significantly increased in the test group (p<0.05), and there were no significant differences in the other parameters, total hair counts, ratio of anagen and terminal hair, hair loss counts, hair growth rate between 2 groups.
(3) At the end of the study, over 70% of subjects answered in affirmative on the question of “satisfaction.”
The hair solution containing Sophorae Flos extract showed the hair-loss prevention and hair-growth promotion effect as investigated by clinical observation, global photography and quesionnaires.
Decrease of hair loss,
Increase of hair counts,
Increase of hair thickness,
Healthier scalp than before